A downloadable game for Windows
Stacked is a 3D local coop boss fighting game. Players work together to defeat dangerous and scary monsters! Gameplay revolves around stacking on or picking up other players to form mighty and powerful totem poles. Together may you stand tall and defeat these great and formidable foes!
- 4 different playable totem classes: bear, fox, phoenix, and turtle
- 3 challenging and exciting boss fights!
- tutorial level as well as sweet menus
- support for 2-4 players, with controllers or on keyboard
- awesome music and sound effects
- beautiful 3D art, animations, and effects!
Stacked was made over the course of 6 months for the Capstone Game course at UC Irvine, which is the final project for Computer Game Science majors! Here is a listing of team R41D and their contributions:
Please note: all members of the team participated in design discussions and play testing of the game. Additionally, all programmers aided with implementing various gameplay elements, UI programming, and bug fixing.
- John Collins [Programmer] (me)
- boss battle scripting / design / effects / animations / sounds
- level design / textures
- title and character select scenes
- camera controller
- Derek Edrich [Programmer]
- ability, networking, and stacking frameworks
- player controller / abilities
- custom shader programming / special effects
- Ben Everett [Programmer]
- controller setup / binding management
- player registration
- tutorial level
- Roldan Gamaad [Designer / Artist / Lead]
- player / boss models
- ability and boss design / balancing
- UI icons and elements
- coordinate and help team members
- Natalie Nygaard [Sound / Music]
- music and ability sounds
- helped with character and boss design
Thumbsticks: Left - Move, Right - Aim
Bumpers: Left - Jump, Right - Pick up
Triggers: Left - use ability, Right - attack
The game is best played with 4 players with controllers. It is possible to beat the game with only 2 players, though it is quite hard. Additionally one player can play with keyboard and mouse if required. Lastly, if it is your first time playing, please try the tutorial!
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.